How to Search For Drugs
- Use the alphabetical list to search by the first letter of your medication.
- Search by typing part of the generic (chemical) and brand (trade) names.
- Search by selecting the therapeutic class of the medication you are looking for.
Are there any limits to the drugs you have been prescribed?
Some covered drugs may have limits on them. This could include:
- Prior Authorization: Some medications must be approved by Passport before they will cover them. This means your provider will need to get approval before you can have your prescriptions filled. If you do not get approval, Passport may not cover the drug.
- Quantity Limits: For some medications, there are limits on the amount Passport will cover. This means you may not get beyond the standard one month supply.
- Step Therapy: Sometimes Passport requires you to try certain medications first to treat your medical condition before they will cover another drug for that condition. For example, if Drug A and Drug B both treat your medical condition, Passport may not cover Drug B unless you try Drug A first. If Drug A does not work for you, Passport will not cover a refill of the prescription until 30 days has passed.
Generic medications are always preferred unless otherwise stated. Brand name medications are non-preferred if a generic is available unless otherwise stated.